Friday 22 February 2008

Give Your New Customers A Treat

I've recently appreciated the importance of keeping your customers sweet. It took me 4 years, but I eventually realised that if you keep communicating with them and making sure they are happy, when they need your services you are at the front of their mind. If you let them trot on without ever speaking to you, then they are likely to look elsewhere for a fresh mind next time.

So to this end, I've also starting sending gifts to my customers. Next Christmas I'll probably send existing customers cards with a present, but I've also started sending new customers small gifts. Recently, for a particularly patient customer, I arranged for a couple of dozen logo golf balls to be printed with her logo and website URL on them.

It didn't cost much to pack these into a jiffy bag with her invoice, and the cheque was received back virtually by return of post! And she emailed be to say how much she liked the logo golf balls. Best of all, now when she's playing every time she loses a ball, she's leaving an advert out on the course!

Try it yourself - send customers some balls and get some printed for yourself!

No comments: